Google+ Followers

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Dyer's Creek - Freedom!

Dyer's Creek


I have the best husband ever.  I had my knee surgery on May 30 and the recovery can be very discouraging and I think I was slipping into depression.  It hasn't been fun spending my summer doing PT when I'm usually gardening, traveling or kayaking!  So Scotty said, "Let's go to Dyer's Creek!"  And I jumped up.  Well, I really held onto the armrest, pulled myself out of the chair mostly with my good leg and hobbled to the door.  Imagine, calling an old dog to go for a walk.....  Dyer's Creek is an inlet off of the Cumberland River and very calm with minimal current.  It was splendid!  I was able to sit with my left leg stretched out, propped up by my right leg.  It was only an hour and a half, but it was probably the best hour and a half since May 30!  Kayaking is truly medicine for the soul!  :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1