StatCounter

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Kayaking - Dyer's Creek - Freedom!


Dyer's Creek                                                          3.6 miles                     1123.6 total

1:30 paddling time


I have the best husband ever.  I had my knee surgery on May 30 and the recovery can be very discouraging and I think I was slipping into depression.  It hasn't been fun spending my summer doing PT when I'm usually gardening, traveling or kayaking!  So Scotty said, "Let's go to Dyer's Creek!"  And I jumped up.  Well, I really held onto the armrest, pulled myself out of the chair with my second best leg and ran, okay.... hobbled to the door.  Imagine, calling an old dog to go for a walk. Dyer's Creek is an inlet off of the Cumberland River and very calm with minimal current.  It was splendid!  I was able to sit with my left leg stretched out, propped up by my right leg.  It was only an hour and a half, but it was probably the best hour and a half since May 30!  Kayaking is truly medicine for the soul!  :)









No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1