StatCounter

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Kayaking - Barren River - Well Deserved Pizza!!

Barren River, November 8, 2014                               24 miles                394 total
with Bowling Green MeetUp
me, Scotty, Dick, Howard, Powell,



It was a cold day - 59 degrees.  The water had just been released from the dam and we felt like we were flying down the river.  It was a long paddle, but the scenery today was beautiful with the fall colors.  At one point, the river split.  Scotty, Howard and I went to the right and darn if there wasn't a strainer and we couldn't get past.  Of all days!  My plantar fascitis was really bad and it was hard for me to walk.  Howard and Scotty being true gentlemen, carried my boat up onto land, past the strainer and back into the water.
Afterwards we went to the Mellow Mushroom and it was the best darn pizza ever! 


Yes, there are bears in Tennessee - haha.


Look at the beautiful fall colors!

This is why I love kayaking!





Howard and Scotty transporting kayaks when we got stuck in the river.


Perfect place for lunch.

Look at our max speed - 9.5 mph!

At the take out - so pretty.

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1