StatCounter

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Hiking - Georgia Waterfalls

 We drove about 20 minutes away to the Chatta Hoochie National forest where we had to pay five dollars to enter. We headed to the trail head for a 2.3 round-trip hike. This hike follows the stream and they were several crossings back-and-forth over the stream, sometimes a log, sometimes a bridge, sometimes rocks. The bottom part of this hike was easy but once you get to the halfway point it seems to go up much steeper. About halfway is Panther Falls, A wide section of rocks with lots of water rushing over. The path continues until you get to Angel Falls which is a taller formation of rocks and a narrower stream of water coming down. There were several other people out on this trail. From here we drove over to RabunLake. This was a beautiful lake and there were lots of large homes surrounding it. I’m sure they were in the million dollar range if not more. We parked on a narrow dirt road at the Minnehaha trail head. This was a short hike, but it also was very steep. This was another gorgeous waterfall. From here we headed into the town of Clayton and found The Currahee brewery. We had a flight of beers and we also walk down to a food truck. We got roasted corn with some different seasonings on it, some homemade kettle chips, and pretzel bites beer cheese. All of these were absolutely delicious.  We walked around Clayton which is a quaint little town, obviously very touristy. We headed back to the campsite and sit around for a while when I decided I would walk down to the bottom of the gorge. There are signs warning for people not to go down if they have health problems as it’s a very steep staircase down with 620 steps. My knees were telling me on the way down I shouldn’t be doing this and on the way up it was my heart telling me I shouldn’t be doing this. But I did it, and I was glad. This is a really pretty gorge that just doesn’t seem to fit in this part of the country. For dinner we had potato crusted cod and roasted asparagus and went to bed very tired and very sore.


































No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1