StatCounter

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Kayak - Juniper River

 Today our friend Liz met us at Juniper Springs. We met Liz two years ago at the head of the Ozarks and then again last year she came down from Gainesville and it was nice to have her along and to chat with her. Juniper is so different than any other river and we always enjoy it.  Once again, it was a challenge as you really have to twist and turn to get around the bends in the current is continuous we don’t see many birds along this route for some reason, but we did pass a few alligators. At the end, I saw one of the largest alligators I’ve ever seen, as big as my boat . Apparently, there is a large alligator that lives at the end of this run, and he’s called Elvis, I believe I saw Elvis lounging, and then he slid into the water and swim under the water right beside my boat. We topped off today with a late lunch atLena’s restaurant and seafood restaurant. For appetizers, we got crab bites and calamari. I wouldn’t get the crab bites again, but the calamari were delicious. We all had different plates and everything was delicious. We all agreed. The onion rings are fantastic.


No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1