StatCounter

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Hiking - Cummins Falls

 Today we left the campground before seven so that we could get to the hospital imaging section for an x-ray. Such an exciting adventure. We took the x-rays over to the orthopedic center where I met with a very nice doctor, Dr. Worley. His first reaction after I told him my story was that I should’ve let the ranger pull it into place immediately. But here we are. I got two shots on each side of my finger and that was the worst part of the whole procedure. After my pinky was numb, he pulled it back into place and I only felt a little pop. It was still early in the day so we headed over to Cummins Falls. We hiked down to the river, and I was extra cautious. 

The swelling has gone down.  Before being pulled.


Once you get down to the river, it’s like an obstacle course where you have to plan your steps. Do you walk in the water, do you walk on the rocks, are the rocks slippery, decisions decisions decisions and even harder after my fall yesterday. We made it to the falls and although in the past we had hiked over to the other side, this time I was not up for it. So we sat on a rock and enjoyed the view and had a snack and some water. On our hike back up we took a different path and went over to the overlook. It wasn’t the day we had planned, but hey - it was another great day of retirement.

Back at the campsite we rested and made a dinner of mahi-mahi, broccoli, and lobster macaroni and cheese and a Susquehanna beer.








View from the overlook.





No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1