StatCounter

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Long Branch Campground and the Dislocated Finger

 We got to Long branch campground and set up camp at site number 10. Our site is located on a bluff overlooking the Caney Fork River. It’s a large flat gravel site with a picnic table. It's a great spot, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I could due to the next event!



We headed over to Cummins Falls to hike and we had a hike of 50 yards before I tripped over a route and fell face first onto the path. Owl owl owl. My chest was hurting it knocked the breath out of me, and my left pinky was bent out of shape. That was the end of our hike. The Ranger suggested he could pull it back into position if we were out in the deep woods, but as we weren’t, We headed over to Cookeville. The first urgent care center said they couldn’t help me as they did not have an x-ray machine and directed us over to Cookeville urgent care. I don’t know if my vent finger scared me more or the thought of being around possible Covid patients. The nurses at Cookeville urgent care were fantastic and very calming, and I was not around other patients. In fact they put a splint on my finger in order to avoid the Cookeville ER. They gave me a steroid shot to help with inflammation then we headed back to the campground.



No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1