StatCounter

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Buffalo River

 Kayaking - Buffalo River                    11 miles

Crazy Horse to Blue Rock with Laurie, Jack, Bernice, Susie and 

we met up with some kayakers from the paddling birds group and drove two hours south to kayak the buffalo river. It’s been unbelievably hot in Tennessee and miraculously today was in the 80s. It was an overcast day and we felt really really happy to be out on the river. The buffalo river is a favorite Tennessee river of ours but we don’t get there very often because of the distance. A few miles into the trip there is a waterfall on the right but hidden by the trees. Is a nice river and has a good flowers. It’s banked by cliffs several times and the route. At one point there was a split in the river and Scott was in the lead. I hear him yell out paddle hard. There is a cliff on the left and I paddle hard, but not hard enough and I get sucked right under the cliff. Immediately my boat is knocked over and I’m in the water holding onto my paddle. I know in my head that I’m supposed to let the boat go but I think that I’ll be able to float along with it . That would have worked except it I came across a tree laying across the river and my legs hit it. I let go of the boat in the paddle and I managed to get over the log but my paddle goes under the tree and gets stuck. I manage to pull my boat over to the road to shore. Scotty attempt to go out into the river and is able to retrieve my paddle from under the big tree route. My hero. Once again. The rest of the group wisely took the right fork of the river and met us at the end of the little island. We stopped for lunch on the route and we stopped a couple of other times just to play in the water. It was a gorgeous day especially after the heat wave and it was nice meeting three new paddlers. We only waited a short while until crazy horse outfitters came along and shuttle us back to their outfit. We said our goodbyes and all headed home. We decided to stop for dinner and stopped at a restaurant called log cabin. We both enjoyed our meals. Scotty had chicken fried steak and I had chicken and there were lots of sides with borhnof our neals.










No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1