StatCounter

Friday, September 23, 2022

Venice, Murano

 We once again took the bus into Venice. We did notice lots of young protesters near the first bridge and a definite police presence as we walked into the city. we wandered around the city a little and then headed to the water taxi which took us over to Burano. I think I enjoyed Bruno even more than Venice it is so delightfully colorful and a lot less crowded. The women on this island make lace in the lace articles of clothing hanging around the city. I realized I did not even get a picture of any of the lace is I was so enamored by the colorful buildings. We had a late lunch of sandwich wraps and a small café and then took the water taxi over to Marano. Murano is known for all of its glass blowing. By the end of the day, I was definitely dragging. I find that walking on the concrete is much harder on my feet it makes me tired. My Fitbit registered 34,000 steps it’s not something I want to repeat.

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1