StatCounter

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Last Day - Thacher Island

 Today was our last day on Thacher Island. It’s always bittersweet but to be quite honest we’re always ready. It’s hard work and very tiring to be outside working on something every day. We did stay a few hours later to train the three new keepers coming onto the island interesting enough,  none of them had been on Thacher Island before except for Christine for a few days a few years ago. Scotty showed them the tractors and the oil house. And then Scotty,  Leslie and I showed them how to work the winch and run the ramp. Good luck. They will be pros by the time they leave. We decided to walk around Rockport and go to the Rockport Art







Association. It’s a very nice art gallery and then from there we walked around Bearskin Neck. All these years we have been going we never saw photos or paintings of Thacher Island. Finally we saw several this time. We then got an ice cream which was a delicious treat. We walked over to the farmers market and we ran into Peg and Dave from the Island as we continued our walk back to the truck, we then ran into Sebastian from the Island. We drove to Leslie’s farm where our Trailer is parked and unloaded our supplies. As we needed to wait for the refrigerator to warmup, we just landed on our beds. I love my camper bed!! We went to Agawam Diner. Scotty had a fish sandwich and I had crabcakes they each came with slaw and Crunch fries. It was the perfect dinner and now as I’m writing this, I’m about to fall asleep so good night.


No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1