StatCounter

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Kayak 6/16- Red River Craziness

Red River                                                                 7.8 miles                      1293.9 total
Put in - Red River Canoe Rental spot, Take Out - Port Royal State Park
Me, Scotty and Luke
2:10, 7.8 miles
Temperature - high 80s, some humidity


We had two goals for this paddle.  First of all, I wanted to check out this route, which is the shortest on the Red River before I took my work friends down the Red River.  Second, Scotty's work colleague, Luke wanted to try out kayaking so today was a good day for that.  Weekends are more crowded on the river, but this was Father's Day and even more crowded.  In the first hour, I counted 72 kayaks/canoes that we passed.  After an hour, we stopped for lunch, so I didn't count anymore.







No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1