StatCounter

Friday, June 8, 2018

Tourist - New York City, Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, Ellis Island, Museum of Modern Art

New York City

Today's my birthday and Scotty agreed to do something that would really appeal to me!  We toured the Brooklyn Botanic Garden.  I loved the rose garden.  It brought back memories of my mom's roses that she had growing on a trellis in front of our house.  They always bloomed for my birthday!
















A trip over to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.  The skyline of New York City is spectacular on the ride over.  Seeing the Statue of Liberty gives me chills as it reminds me of what's good about this country.  It also reminds me of math lessons I would do with my 5th graders and gifted students about the numbers and sizes associated with Lady Liberty.  We found our family names on the Ellis Island Wall of Honor.  











Museum of Modern Art

Monet

Andy Warhol

A Swarvoski display - my camera doesn't capture the true beauty.  We collect Swarovski so this was cool!





No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1