StatCounter

Friday, February 18, 2022

Camping - Hodges Vineyards

 Today we drove over six hours to get to camp hill Alabama where we camped at Hodges Vineyards. We got there shortly before closing time. It’s a very pretty setting in the shop and tasting room are surrounded by the vineyards. I was the lucky one to go in and do a winetasting. Scotty walked around the vineyards with BenjiBear which is probably just as well as he gave them both a break from the drive.  I tested a few wines and the problem was I liked every single one of them. I narrowed it down to three: muscadine with blueberry, peach and ….. small world because one couple at the tasting was from Pasadena Maryland and the other was from Oak Ridge Maryland and I grew up in Bowie Maryland. These are all within a few hours from each other. We had a pleasant talk and it turned to dogs and of course we all had to show photos of our pets. I walked the vineyards at sunset with Benji it was a beautiful view. The owners here have built concrete pads and there’s even electrical and water hook up here. It was well worth the three bottles of wine that I bought. Perhaps if we were in a trailer, I would have bought more. We made a quick dinner tonight of Gnocchi and Alfredo sauce and a roll. We enjoyed our dinner accompanied with The muscadine and blueberry wine. Maybe the wine will keep us warm as the Weather is supposed to drop down to the 30s











No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1