StatCounter

Monday, April 22, 2024

Bollenstreek Flower Route

 My ankle and knee are quite sore, and we thought we’d attempt the electric bikes. One rotation around immediately told me that this wouldn’t work. My knee doesn’t bend completely. I started to cry and felt sorry for myself. In all of our travels, this is the first time that either of us has been hurt. I could only wallow in my situation for so long, because after all, we are in the Netherlands during tulip season. We drove for almost 45 minutes attempting to find the flower route, then finally had success. The fields are absolutely gorgeous as you drive along. We happened upon ‘The Tulip Experience’. Scotty chose to stay outside, but I eagerly ran in - okay, I hobbled in. Rows and rows of tulips, all different colors. My pains were firgotten for a short while. 










We arrived back to our beautiful hotel and I took a 2 hour bap - kind of unusual for me. Scotty walked to some stores and found is some breakfast and a better Ace bandage for me. We had a delicious dinner at the Brasserie within our hotel. We each had a hefeweissen with the hotel brand. Scotty had a truffle burger, salad and fries. I had fish - with pasta, mixed with vegetables and acaprese salad on top. The fish was mild and very goid, and not a single bone!





No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1