StatCounter

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Zaanse schans and Haarlem Floats

 Started the day with a fantastic breakfast at Our B&B.It must’ve been the biggest breakfast we’ve ever been served and I joked with the owner that we just might end up staying there forever.






 We headed over to Zaanse Schans and noticed that they were lots of crowds. We went down a ssmaller path with a few people and that’s when it happened – I Slipped on some wet wood and down I went. I twisted my ankle and my knee began to hurt. I mean it really hurt. I hobble around, But the excursion was hardly enjoyable as I had to be careful as I walked.We ended up not seeing the entire area, but that was OK as it was extremely crowded.







Next week headed to Harlem, which I had been really looking forward to. This is where the flutes on the 75th parade were going to be displayed. We looked for a pharmacy with no luck in hopes that I could wrap my foot. We looked for a bicycle shop in hopes that we could rent bikes and again No luck. We slowly very slowly walked to the center of town to see the flower floats. They were absolutely gorgeous - There were all kinds of floats Butterflies to elephants to SpongeBob to decorated tractors. I absolutely absolutely loved it. And then as we were walking around, we ran across a Red Cross truck.



 Luck finally hit. I walked up to it and asked if they could manage my foot and they kindly did so much better that we were able to maybe a little bit faster. We continued looking at the floats among the crowds of people. 












As we walked back to the car, we decided to stop and get a beer. It was really fun to sit outside have some truffle Fries and beers. Truffle fries, by the way, our fries with mayonnaise, flavored with truffles  and covered with Parmesan cheese. I think they were the best fries I’ve ever had. Not to mention that it was fun to sit outside, and I especially enjoyed watching the waiters cross the street with their trays on the other side of the street lining the canal.





We found our hotel, Van der Valk Hotel in Leiden. From the fire map, it appears we have the largest room in the hotel. It is beautiful with two queen beds, a desk can share, to choose any sitting area, a refrigerator, a balcony, and a large modern bathroom. I took a long, hot Shower wash some clothes and organize my suitcase while Scott walked to a nearby grocery store to get some brotchen. Upon his return, We had brotchen with prosciutto ham and Smoked goats cheese and a rather beer. Delicious. We watched some TV and I caught up with my blog and photos.





No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1