StatCounter

Friday, July 30, 2021

Beignets and Chickens at the Lighthouse

 Beignets and Chickens at the Lighthouse

We awoke to a very pleasant and sweet surprise.  David made beignets and brought some freshly made treats over to our house.  A great way to start the day!

I got around to hanging my art at the "Official Thacher Island Privy/Art Gallery".  I'm so proud!

We worked on cleaning trails - again, and again, and again.  This is a never-ending task.  We decided to have lunch at the Whistle House.  This is the eastern side of the island and at the base of the Whistle House are lots of rocks that are constantly being washed by the Atlantic Ocean.  The views here have quickly become my favorite view of the island this year.  I worked here on scraping paint off the door jambs.

Every time we return to the house, the 'girls' (aka - the 3 chickens, Spot, Goldie and the other one) come running for treats.  I've never been around chickens for long and I've gotten attached to the girls - and Goldie wanted to do a selfie today, so I obliged!  :)









Isn't she pretty?

The chickens will eat anything....except

hummus!   She's wiping the chicken off on the grass!

We had a hard time getting a selfie where we were both looking at the camera.



Winner!  Winner!  Chicken Dinner!  (oops, I hope she didn't read that)








A young man was hiking around the island.  Anytime somebody is on the northern end of the island, the gulls go crazy - that's THEIR land.  Anyway, it's a good time to get a photo of the Northern Tower with some gulls flying around it.



A sunset walk around the island.  :)
















No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1