StatCounter

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Thacher Island Arrival

 Dave came by our trailer and picked us up at 6:15.  We're off!  We made it to Granite Pier and loaded our gear onto the Thacher Island Launch.  We met Dave's wife, Peg and their dog, Thacher.  As we rode out to the island, we passed both lighthouses and I was filled with excitement!

I drove our gear up to the assistant keeper's house where we'll be staying and then went right back to the boathouse.  Dave trained me on the winch right away and I was able to help bring in the Saturday boats for the rest of the day.  This was rewarding for me, as I didn't have this job last year when on the island.  In Dave's words, "we all need to know the jobs in case of an emergency."  I think I'm going to like our island mates!


Sharron and her crew met us at the dock.  It was a quick hand-off and she
did tell David and Scotty some of the problems they were having with the generator.





Our home for the next two weeks.

My goal is to climb the 156 (166) steps of the South Tower every day.  Day 1 - check!

Sunset from the tower looking towards Rockport.

Sunset looking at the North Tower.






The gulls don't seem too excited to have me back on the island.



We went to bed early - after being up so early and being busy all day!  
This is the view from our bed.  Good night Thacher Island.

No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1