StatCounter

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Thacher Island - Wednesday Workday

 On Wednesdays, the work crew comes out to Thacher Island to work on various tasks.  Two boats of workers came ashore today and as soon as they land, they immediately head off to their various tasks.  Each person has an 'expertise' - carpentry, painting, trail work, etc and each week they work on their various tasks.  But, like clockwork at 9:00 they head down to the boathouse for the delicious donuts that  come over on Wednesdays.  Apparently, this is an often discussed issue at the Thacher Island monthly meetings - due to costs.  But, I suspect the donut tradition will continue.  Also, the island keepers are in charge of making coffee.  As the coffee maker is in our house, the assistant keeper's house, it fell to me to make coffee.  Scotty and I don't drink coffee!! Peg gave me coffee instructions the night before and I eagerly completed the task for the hard working volunteers on Wednesday morning.  Along with making the coffee, I now have the job of operating the winch.  I love being part of the team!













No comments :

Post a Comment

UA-69773586-1